was part of
Food Fight: Chocolate Dessert Challenge
which ended Jun 13, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Two American classics that are welcome at any summer celebration, chocolate and Coca-Cola, combine to create a delicious and easy cake with a sweet twist.
- 1Mix flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Bring 2 sticks margarine, 1 cup Coca-Cola, and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to boil in a small saucepan. Mix until well incorporated.
- 3Pour the hot mixture over your flour mixture, adding eggs, 1/2 cup marshmallows, and buttermilk.
- 4Pour batter in a greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5To make icing, mix 1 stick softened margarine, 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup marshmallows, and 1 cup pecans. Stir and pour over hot cake.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.