Orange-Parsley Compound Butter
Compound butter is butter packed with flavorings. This one has a balance of pepper, parsley, and orange that is delicious atop anything from halibut to a grilled ear of corn.
Game plan: This butter will last up to 1 month in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Place butter in a mixing bowl and use a rubber spatula to soften until it is very spreadable. Add remaining ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 2Place compound butter on a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into a log, and twist the ends to seal. Place butter in the refrigerator to harden, at least 30 minutes.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved