Recipe courtesy of Jeff O’Neill
From the show Oprah’s Top Picks for Summer
Oprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at
Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach. “I believe [it] may
be the best turkey burger in the entire world,” she says. The Mar-a-Lago
Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in
Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It
will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump
International Hotel restaurant.
- 1Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let
- 2Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the
remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2
- 3Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated,
lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly
cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread
pita or hamburger
- 5This pear chutney topping is the key to giving the Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
that extra zing.
- 71 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
- 81/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 91 tsp. Sea salt
- 101 1/2 cups Major Grey’s Chutney
- 111/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 12Preheat oven to 350°.
- 13Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined
cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- 14Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.