Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Jeff O’Neill
From the show Oprah’s Top Picks for Summer
Oprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at
Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach. “I believe [it] may
be the best turkey burger in the entire world,” she says. The Mar-a-Lago
Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in
Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It
will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump
International Hotel restaurant.
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black pepper
- 2 tsp. Chipotle TabascoT
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed
- Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the
remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2
- Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated,
lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly
cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread
pita or hamburger
- This pear chutney topping is the key to giving the Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
that extra zing.
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Major Grey’s Chutney
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined
cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.