The trio of mint, basil and cilantro, along with tangy-sweet seasoned rice vinegar, gives this refreshing salad its Thai orientation. Instead of white rice, use used chewy short-grain brown rice as a healthier alternative.
- 1In a 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together seasoned rice vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and if desired, hot chili oil.
- 2Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and stir to combine.
• Rice may be cooked 2-3 days in advance. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
• Long grain brown rice, or any other rice may be used.
• If using Thai basil, reduce amount to 1-2 tablespoons.
• For a main-course salad, add 1 to 2 cups diced cooked chicken.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.