Tandoori-Style Chicken Kebobs Recipe
This carefully balanced combination of spices, along with mild seasoned rice vinegar, makes tender, deliciously aromatic chicken kebobs similar to those cooked in tandoor ovens in India. The marinade is also delicious with fish.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar (red pepper or roasted garlic flavor)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped gingerroot
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 (10-inch) skewers
- In a blender container, combine yogurt, Nakano seasoned rice vinegar and remaining ingredients except chicken. Cover and run on high until smooth.
- Place chicken in a non-metallic bowl or sealable plastic bag. Add marinade and stir to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring chicken one or more times while marinating.
- If using wood skewers, soak skewers in water 30 minutes. Drain chicken well and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill kebobs about 8 minutes over direct heat with cover closed. Use a metal spatula to turn kebobs. Grill with cover closed 6-8 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.