I am not a natural when it comes to the open flame; in general, my husband does the grilling in our family (so manly!) and slathers up the fixins’ before he throws them on the grill. In order to get my BBQ bearings I went to bbqrecipesecrets.com. On that site, I learned that there are 3 types of barbecue sauce –tomato, mustard or vinegar. Unfortunately, for me, and perhaps some of you, each of the recipes contains a significant amount of sugar, so I used their Basic Tomato BBQ sauce recipe as a map, adding and subtracting from it to create this Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1Warm oil in a saucepan over medium low heat
- 2Add garlic and shallot; cook until soft
- 3Add tomato paste, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper
- 4Simmer over low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often
- 5Baste over fish or chicken
- 6Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1-3 hours
- 7Grill and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.