Basil Digestif Recipe
A sip of this sweet, peppery after-dinner drink will help settle your stomach and satisfy your sweet tooth.
What to buy: We chose Everclear 151 grain alcohol to use in our digestifs; it picks up the flavoring elements much faster than vodka.
This recipe was featured as part of our Make Your Own Digestifs project.
- 14 large, fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear 151
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- Place basil leaves in a 1-quart glass jar with a tightfitting lid, add alcohol, cover, and let steep at room temperature, undisturbed, for 6 days.
- After 6 days, remove leaves and add rich simple syrup. Stir to combine. Store in the freezer.