Fennel Digestif Recipe
Under 5 mins, plus steeping time
3 1/3 cups
If black licorice were to turn into liqueur, it’d be akin to the flavor of this delicate yet stiff digestif.
What to buy: We chose Everclear 151 grain alcohol to use in our digestifs; it picks up the flavoring elements much faster than vodka.
This recipe was featured as part of our Make Your Own Digestifs project, as well as our DIY Holiday Gifts Advent Calendar.
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear 151
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- Combine fronds and seeds in a 1-quart glass jar with a tightfitting lid, add alcohol, cover, and let steep, undisturbed, at room temperature, for 6 days.
- After 6 days, remove fronds and seeds, and add rich simple syrup. Stir to combine. Store in the freezer.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved