Meyer Lemon Digestif Recipe
Meyer lemons are popular for their well-balanced, floral flavor. But they’re not widely available and have a frustratingly short growing season. To keep them around well past the winter months, we’ve made them into a digestif that can be enjoyed all year long.
What to buy: We chose Everclear 151 grain alcohol to use in our digestifs; it picks up the flavoring elements much faster than vodka.
- 8 medium Meyer lemons
- 2 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear 151
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove lemon peel in wide strips, making sure to avoid the white pith.
- Place peels in a 1-quart glass jar with a tightfitting lid, add alcohol, cover, and let steep, at room temperature, undisturbed, for 12 days.
- After 12 days, remove peels and add rich simple syrup. Stir to combine. Store in the freezer.