Mango Jicama Salad Recipe
A fresh, tangy salad; goes great with bbq, fish, or tacos.
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 small jicama
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional: habanero chile powder
- Slice and peel half of the mango skin off, then cut fruit off seed and cut into cubes. Repeat for second half of mango.
- Cut jicama into 1/4cm slices, then cut again into 1/4 slices, creating long thin strips. Add to mango.
- Dice 1/2 the small red onion, add to mango and jicama.
- Chop cilantro and add to salad.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime and drizzle olive oil over salad. Add salt and pepper. Optional: dust with chile powder. Mix.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.