Basic Scone Recipe
This scone recipe can become anything pretty easy, which is why I love it. Good kinds to make include cinnamon apple spice, good old mixed berry, chocolate mint, chocolate raspberry, strawberry, or anything else you can think of. The measurements are pretty lax, you just need to make sure that the amount of solid and liquid evens out so you get a good dough.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 TB sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 TB cold butter, cut into 1 TB hunks
- 3/4 cup milk
- Chocolate Chips or Berries or anything else
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Cut in the butter with two knives or your hands. It should resemble a course mixture.
- Add your extra ingredients to the mix
- Add milk until you can form a ball out of the dough.
- Put dough on a floured surface and kneed a little bit. Press the dough into a circle, of about 8-9 inches. Cut into 8 triangles. Place the triangles on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. The final scones should be golden brown.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.