So Gawdy, Over the Top, Incongrous & Semi Homemade That It Could Be a Rachel Ray Creation Or Just Your Typical Southwestern Abomination
Alright just a little banter from your friendly neighborhood Mexican food snob. After opening a bottle of Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce and discovering your typical overly vinagered, excessively Cumined & “Taco Seasoned” canned Enchilada sauce… I reviewed my pantry and decided to mock my “mortal enemies”
- 1Sautee the Chicken, Beans & Corn & set aside.
- 2Brown the Corn Tortilla Strips in Oil
- 3Add Enchilada Sauce (pan should be hot enough to make the sauce bubble and quickly coat the Tortillas)
- 4Turn the heat down to Medium-Low
- 5Stir in the sauteed Chicken mixture
- 6Sprinkle with the melting cheese, cover & cook on stove top until the cheese melts
- 7Plate… sprinkle with Parmesan, then Fresco, then finely chopped Pipicha (or any herb of your choice)
- 8Add further Abomination to Taste (perhaps some Chorizo, Velveeta, Brown Gravy or Frenched Onions from a Can?)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.