Hoddeok is a popular snack food sold on the streets of Korea. It also happens to be one of the most searched for recipes on my web site.
- 1Mix the warm water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl.
Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Mix the all purpose and sweet rice flours together, then sieve into a large bowl.
- 3Add salt, milk, and yeast water and mix well.
- 4Cover with a warm damp towel and let stand in a warm place for three hours.
- 5Mix all filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- 6Separate the dough into six equal portions.
- 7Flatten the dough to cover the palm of your hand.
- 8Place one slightly rounded tablespoon of filling in the center and seal the dough around the filling.
- 9Repeat with each portion.
- 10Heat a large pan over high heat.
- 11Reduce heat to medium low and add one tablespoon oil.
- 12Place two dough portions into the hot pan, turning when bottom is slightly
- 13Press (flatten) with an oiled spatula and cook until bottom is golden brown, then turn.
- 14Cook until golden brown.
- 15Repeat for all dough portions.
- 16Serve warm.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.