was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
For the lover of chicken, this is the ultimate chicken stew. I adore chicken and have been cooking for myself for years, so, over time, I’ve come up with some delicious, tried-and-tested recipes. This one incorporates a wide range [or diversity?] of flavors because I have been traveling my whole life, picking up tastes from all over the world. Now that I live in California, it’s wonderful, because I have access to pretty much any cuisine ingredients I can imagine. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1put the rice in a bowl and fill with water. have it sit in water for about 10 minutes
- 2then put 2 tbs. butter in a good size pot, and put the rice in it.
- 3saute the rice in med-high heat with butter for 5 minutes or till you get some cripsy brown rice in the pot.
- 4then add the 1 cup of broth and another 2 cups of water to the pot.
- 5bring it to a boil and then close the lid. adjust the heat to simmer. done with the rice for now!
- 6cut the chicken in cubes in about equal sizes.
- 7add 3 tbs. butter and chicken into a deep saute pan, and start cooking at little higher than med heat.
- 8Cook the chicken for 15 minutes with a closed lid stirring occasionally.
- 9In the mean time, dice the pepper, onion and garlic
- 10At this point, you can check on the rice. If all the water is evaporated, take it off the heat.
- 11At this point, you can check on the rice. If all the water is evaporated, take it off the heat.
- 12Then, add the onion and the garlic, and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure you keep the lid closed at all times so you save on cooking time.
- 13finally, add the tomatoes, and cook for another five minutes.
- 14take the chicken pan off the heat as well. season with salt to taste.
- 15pound 3 cloves of garlic, mustard seeds, fenugreek and cumin seeds in a mortar with a pinch of salt. then add the yogurt, and mix well. season with salt to taste.
- 16in a small pan melt butter with tomato paste and some chili flakes. saute it for few minutes or till its warmed up.
- 17put equal amounts of rice and chicken on plates, and drizzle yogurt sauce and the tomato sauce in the middle. enjoy it.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.