was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Inside out cordon bleu chicken with a twist Recipe
I was inspired by a bottled sauce that I found which reminded me of a sauce which was served on the side with a dish at “Sizzler” years ago. I decided to make my own version of this dish to serve with the sauce.
The sauce was Weight Watchers Honey Mustard, and was a rather yellow mayonaise style. They have changed it since and the Weight Watchers Honey Mustard is now more of a vinegarette.
The chicken is still yummy and you can make your own sauce.
Added 5/5/2008 – I have also discovered that this is very yummy with sliced avocado under the cheese!
- 1 Chicken Breast per person
- 1-2 thin slices of good quality ham
- 1-2 slices of swiss cheese
- pepper and salt to taste
- a drizzle of oil for the pan
- 1/2 cup of Mayonaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of American mustard
- First, make the sauce by combining the mayonaise, mustard and honey. You could just use mayonaise and a premade honey mustard if you prefer.
- Season the chicken breast with pepper and salt to taste, add the oil to the pan and pan fry the chicken breast. Depending on the size it should take around 4-5 minutes each side. I often butterfly the breast (by slicing almost all the way through laterally and opening them up). With large breasts you can slice all the way through and 1 will serve two people–depending on the appetite- this also helps to cook more evenly and quickly.
- Pre-heat a grill/broiler/salamander (depending on your country)–not the barbeque, but the overhead gas of coil element in you oven.
- Place the chicken breasts on an oven tray. Top with the slices of ham and then the swiss cheese.
- Place under the grill/broiler/salamander to melt the cheese. Its best if it doesn’t melt to the point where it bubbles.
- Serve with salad or vegetables. With the Honey Mustard sauce on the side, of course.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.