These are the perfect accoutrement to my Sweet Heat Louisiana Chili. They can be spiced up however you would like and go well with many dishes. For a crispier product, dredge the polenta in dry cornmeal before frying. Enjoy!
- 1In a medium pot, mix stock, creamed corn, vegetables and bay leaves. Bring to a low boil.
- 2Once mixture is bubbling, add herbs or spices, mix well.
- 3Slowly add fine ground cornmeal to bubbling mixture, stirring constantly. The mixture will take on an oatmeal-like consistency, thickening in a very similar fashion.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture is thick and pasty. Remove from heat and let stand 10–30 minutes (until warm instead of boiling…) Remove bay leaves.
- 5Over medium high heat, lightly coat a pan with cooking oil. Spoon dollops of thick polenta into the pan. Pan fry until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.