Perfect Polenta Patties Recipe
These are the perfect accoutrement to my Sweet Heat Louisiana Chili. They can be spiced up however you would like and go well with many dishes. For a crispier product, dredge the polenta in dry cornmeal before frying. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro - OR - 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, mix stock, creamed corn, vegetables and bay leaves. Bring to a low boil.
- Once mixture is bubbling, add herbs or spices, mix well.
- Slowly add fine ground cornmeal to bubbling mixture, stirring constantly. The mixture will take on an oatmeal-like consistency, thickening in a very similar fashion.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture is thick and pasty. Remove from heat and let stand 10–30 minutes (until warm instead of boiling…) Remove bay leaves.
- Over medium high heat, lightly coat a pan with cooking oil. Spoon dollops of thick polenta into the pan. Pan fry until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.