Molequiles Rouge Des Ordures Aux Commercant Jose Recipe
In honor of the recession and my refrigerator scraps, I present you with Red Mole sauced Sage & Cheese Chilaquiles with Free Range Eggs using Trader Joe & pantry items.
- Trader Joe's Truly Handmade Flour Tortillas - 2 stale Tortillas cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Trader Joe's Red Mole - 2 Tablespoons (plus a few drops of water)
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese - To Taste
- Fresh Sage Leaves - 10 leaves sliced into Ribbons
- Rendered Lard (or oil of your choice) - 2 Tablesoons
- Fried or Poached Eggs to Taste - 2
- Grated Cotija or Romano Cheese
- Melt Lard over Medium Heat
- Sautee tortilla cubes until golden, add Sage ribbons until tortillas are golden brown
- Add Mole sauce (should be thinned with water until its the consistency of Teriyaki) let it sear into the tortillas then turn down the heat
- Sprinkle with melting cheese, cover & cook on low heat until the cheese has melted
- Plate… sprinkle with the aged cheese, mount the egg on top, put on bib & voila!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.