This recipe was part of the Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM. See winners »
Yogurt-Parmesan Chicken Recipe
I found a this recipe in a church cookbook and tweaked it when I was religiously counting Weight Watchers points. It is low in fat and calories (just under 6 WW points/serving), but tastes much richer due to the gravy it makes. I usually serve it with rice, but it’s good with potatoes too.
- Cooking spray
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- cayenne to taste
- paprika to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 8in square baking dish with cooking spray
- Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle on lemon juice
- In medium bowl, mix together yogurt, flour, mayonnaise, mustard, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne.
- Spread yogurt mix over chicken
- Layer onions on top of yogurt mix
- Bake for 1 hr, uncovered
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and cook until cheese in slightly brown. Can broil if you prefer.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.