was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Schnitzel à la Viennese Recipe
I first made this because I like Wiener Schnitzel, but don’t eat veal and am not crazy about using pork for this particular recipe. Also, I had never used panko and thought this would be an excellent occasion.
- 1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast, butterflied/cut in two
- all purpose flour mixed with salt, pepper & paprika powder
- couple eggs for egg wash
- vegetable oil and butter
- Pound chicken breasts very thin.
- Dredge in salted and peppered flour.
- Dredge in egg wash.
- Dredge in panko.
- Heat vegetable oil and some butter in a medium hot pan. Add breasts. Pan-sear until golden brown, flip, repeat.
- Serve topped with a slice of lemon, and —if you want to be a “real” Austrian, an anchovy filet on top of the lemon slice. Eat. Hope for schnitzel night again soon….
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.