was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Lagi's chicken Recipe
this is the perfect after work meal, I made this up because my boyfriend loves onions, tomatoes and pomegranates and I love easy one pan suppers.
this is perfect with a nice mixed green salad, and whatever leftover starch you may have…
Typically, I can get this on the plate in less time than it takes to convince him to turn the tv off and set the table… :)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin, or butterflied
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp pomegranate (or pom blend) juice
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- preheat your pan over medium-high heat
- season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- add olive oil, chicken breasts, sprinkle onions around chicken and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side
- remove chicken (but not onions) from pan, deglaze with balsamic vinegar and pomegranate juice – bring to a boil, lower heat,
- return chicken back to pan, simmer for 3 minutes,
- carefully mix in cherry tomatoes until just warmed through
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.