was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Simple Garlic Chicken Breasts Recipe
This is a great chicken dish. I have made it for family as well as for a group of 20. It refrigerates well overnight. If you like lots of sauce, increase the recipe accordingly. Great sides include: oven roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, salad with a simpe dressing.
(Do not add the sauce until you are ready to bake and serve.)
- olive oil for frying
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn starch
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Divide each breast into quarters. Lighted pound each breast to appoximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Pat each piece of chicken dry.
- Salt and pepper each side of chicken to taste.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in corn starch. Shake off all excess corn starch.
- Pour about 1/2 cup good olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Toss in 4 cloves of minced garlic. Let the garlic cook, but do not let it burn. Remove the garlic from the oil. Put it on the side, we can throw it into the sauce.
- Turn the heat up on the frying pan to high. Once hot, brown each side of the chicken breasts. If the pan is hot enought, this will happen quickly. Chicken may or may not be cooked through depending on the thickness, but it will finish cooking later.
- Remove each browned piece from the pan and put it in a shallow baking dish.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- THE SAUCE
Melt butter in a saucepan. ..
- Toss in garlic and mix.
- Pour in chicken stock
- Add chopped parsley
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix. Taste. Add more lemon if you like it more lemony. Add more garlic if you like it more garlicky. If it is too strong, add some more chicken stock.
- Bring to gentle boil
- Remove from heat and pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.