was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Salsa Chicken Recipe
This recipe is a great make ahead chicken dish. Easier to make in large quantities. It freezes great and reheats well. It is one of my mother’s specialties and I’ve won a high school cooking competition with a pork and fruit variation.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3rd a package of Phyllo
- 1/2 - 1 cup of butter, melted and you probably should use unsalted, I don't
- 1/2 C salsa, mild or rip your lips off
- 4 large slices of Montery jack, jalapeno jack if you like it hot
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pat chicken breasts dry.
- Layer three full sheets of phyllo with melted butter. Place breast in the middle of the sheet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salsa and a slice of cheese on top of the chicken breast and fold phyllo into a packet around chicken. Brush exterior with butter
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 40 – 45mins or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 160-170F.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.