was part of
Food Fight: Chicken Breast Challenge
which ended May 2, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
EDITED SINCE THE LAST FOOD FIGHT (may 2008)!!! lets give it another go?
i’ve always wanted to try it with beer in place of water but just never got around to it. let me know how it comes out if you try it. i love the recipe, and i hope you do too.
- 1whisk all of the sauce ingredients together (sugar, shoyu, Schiracha, green onion, lemon grass, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, ginger) in a small pot and put on the side.
- 2mix all-purpose flour, mochiko flour, egg, and enough water to make a pancake batter consistency.
- 3put pot of sauce on the heat and bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat to simmer. simmer sauce until it coats the back of a spoon–about the thickness of maple syrup. remove lemon grass stalk.
- 4add 4 Tablespoons of the sauce to the batter and mix. (add each tablespoon one at a time, and mix)
- 5grab a deep frying pan, or pot, and put enough oil in it to come up about 2 inches on the sides. heat to medium / medium high.
- 6coat chicken with batter and fry in oil until golden brown and crispy. drain on paper towels, and let cool slightly.
- 7take fried chicken pieces and coat them in the thickened sauce.
- 8put on bed of shredded cabbage and throw on some sesame seeds and chopped green onion as garnish (squirt some Schiracha sauce on top also, if you’d like). eat with some hot rice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.