LAMB CHOPS WITH WILD MOREL AND CHABLIS SAUCE Recipe
Well Spring is here and with it a fresh abundance of morel.So lets get out there pick yourself some and lets enjoy Natures bounty(What ever you do make sure they are morel and not stink horns or turban fungi!!!)
- 1 rack of lamb(or 10 lamb chops)
- 150g of fresh morel,1 glass of chabli,double cream200g,small onion finely diced,1 clove of garlic chopped,salt and pepper,sprig of fresh thyme.butter.
- bunch of spinach or mash potato depending on what you fancy
- depending on how you like your lamb,myself pink this is what you do.
1 large pan previousely heated add your rack fat side down. Season .Seal on all sides (5 minutes)longer if you like it better done.If using precut chops 2 minutes each side.
- Pre heat oven to 130 celcius,cover meat with foil and put in oven( to keap your meat warm).In new pan add a spoon full of butter,fry onions,garlic, thyme and sliced morels untill soft.Add Chalis simmer 2 minutes, add cream and season
- saute spinach in rest of butter (2 minutes)and season.If you prefer use mash potato as an accompaniment.
- slice chops from rack(1 bone per chop!)On plate add spinach to centre,add3 chops on spinach,serve morel sauce around chops guarnish with some thyme sprig or parsley.DELICIOUSE
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.