Chile-Cilantro Hash Browns
The ultimate hangover food, these hash browns are simply chile-spiked crisped potatoes sprinkled with cilantro. Serve them with a fried egg on top and a side of perfect bacon for a breakfast that will chase away the craziest night of partying.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile, peel potatoes and grate on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze mixture by the handful to release as much moisture as possible. Mix potatoes with chili powder and pepper until well combined.
- 3When oil shimmers, scatter potato mixture evenly in the pan and sprinkle salt over top. Cook until the bottom of the hash is golden brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Break the hash into four pieces, flip, and cook until golden brown and crisp on the second side, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved