Alcachofas Asadas (Roasted Artichokes) Recipe
…inspired by my stay in Andalucia, Espana. A fine tapa it is.
- 1 can drained, squeezed (to get water out) artichoke hearts
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp)
- very, very finely diced red bell pepper (3 tbsp)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ground sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. After artichoke hearts are drained and squeezed of water, cut into quarters to expose tender parts. Arrange flat in small casserole dish.
- Mix the chopped garlic and olive oil in a small bowl, with a basting brush. With brush, spread olive oil mixture on top of artichokes. Grind black pepper and sea salt on top to liking, and garnish with chopped red pepper
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until dish bubbles and tops of artichokes begin to brown. Careful, do not burn.
- Optional: You can use finely chopped bacon, proscuitto or pancetta to add flavor. You can also drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar once out of the oven.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.