was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Roasted Garlic and Flat Leaf Parsley Pasta Recipe
We keep three fresh herbs in the kitchen, in a vase on the counter at all times – Basil, Cilantro and Flat Leaf Parsley. Whenever you are in a pinch for a quick meal, or some extra added flavor or maybe a little bit of garnish to your dish., you have it. As well, we always have garlic, shallots and yellow onions on hand – you can do so much with them!
- 5 Cloves of Garlic - peeled and slightly crushed
- 1 medium Shallot - thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and crushed Black Pepper
- Flat Leaf Parsley - a handful, washed and roughly chopped up.
- Parmesan Cheese - shaved
- Pasta or your choice - half a package
- Put the garlic on a small piece of tin foil, drizzle the garlic, with a small amount of olive oil. Roast in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Boil your water. While your pasta is cooking, sautee the shallot in a small amount of olive oil, add the roasted garlic and cook over very low heat.
- When your pasta is done cooking to your taste, drain (reserve a couple tablespoons of the pasta water. Put to the side. Raise the heat on your shallot/garlic mixture, add the parsley and quick quickly–maybe 30 seconds–not too long as you want to keep the nice green color of the parsley and just lightly crisp it. Take off the heat.
- Add the drained pasta and reserved pasta water. Toss. Season with salt and pepper. Put in individual bowls or one big pasta bowl. Garnish with more parsley if desired and sprinkle with cheese.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.