Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
The flavors of this classic American dressing are very similar to those of tartar sauce and gribiche. Serve it with salad greens, steamed vegetables, sliced hard-cooked eggs, potatoes, or tomatoes, or chilled seafood.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or gherkins
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mild-flavored vegetable oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Combine the mayonnaise, cornichons, mustard, parsley, tarragon, capers, garlic, and vinegar in a blender or mini-food processor and process just until combined. While the machine is running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream, and process until the dressing thickens and is fairly smooth. Season with salt and cayenne. Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Excerpted from Get Saucy, by Grace Parisi. © 2005, used by permission from The Harvard Common Press.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food