Hazelnut Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
Serve this exquisite nutty browned butter sauce with poached or sautéed fish, especially skate, sole, porgy, orange roughy, or any firm mild white-fleshed fish, as well as chicken and grilled steak.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium-size, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until pale golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the hazelnuts and cook, stirring, over medium heat until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the shallot and parsley and cook until just softened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. This sauce can be rewarmed just before serving.
Excerpted from Get Saucy, by Grace Parisi. © 2005, used by permission from The Harvard Common Press.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by