was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Spanky Noodle Dandy Recipe
This is my standard “nothing in the fridge” dinner/lunch/breakfast. It’s also excellent hangover food because it’s simple and hot. I like to use the health-food-store kind of soba ramen, but regular old 19 cent discount ramen works just fine.
If you don’t have an egg, you can either skip it or use some other protein. (Canned fish, tofu, leftover chicken.)
- 1 package of Ramen noodles
- 1 egg
- Sriracha or other hot sauce (Crystal, Tabasco, whatever
- Peanut butter
- Canned corn
- Boil water for ramen noodles. Add noodles and stir ‘til they start to soften. (Throw away the spice packet, it’s never that good.) Crack one egg on side of pan and drop it on top of the noodles. This is where individual taste/technique comes in: either stir the egg to break the yolk and cook the whole thing like a scrambled egg, or just let it sit there and poach. Cook this for about one minute, maybe less if you like softer eggs.
- Take pan off burner and let sit while you’re preparing the sauce. Put a glob of peanut butter into a small bowl. About a tablespoon is right. Stir in as much hot sauce as you like, depending on how spic-ceh you want this. If you haven’t added enough hot sauce to make the peanut butter a little liquid, add some of the hot water from the ramen pan.
- Drain the egg/ramen mixture into the sink. Put the egg/ramen into a bowl, add a couple of big spoons of canned corn to add some crunch, stir in your sauce and you’re good to go!
Eat this when you have a hangover, and make it really spicy to clear your head.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.