was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
In a pinch for something quick, filling, and tasty? This is my go-to when the grocery stores have closed, and the fridge is empty. It’s amazing how well the smokeyness of the oysters, the sweetness of the onion, and the salty white cheddar cheese mix go together.
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil, add macaroni, and cook for 4 minutes.
- 2Strain and reserve macaroni.
- 3Bring the empty pot back onto the stove at medium/high heat, and add only the smokey oil from the can of oysters.
- 4Cut the onion in half and slice it very finely, adding it to, and cooking it in, the smokey oil.
- 5Once the onion is cooked, which should take about 5 minutes, add and combine the 3/4 Cup of milk and the white cheese mixture.
- 6Add the noodles back to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, so that they can absorb some of the delicious sauce.
- 7Turn off the heat, and fold in the reserved can of oysters.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.