was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
A quick, delicious lunch or dinner that can be adapted to whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
- 1Cook noodles as directed.
- 2Meanwhile, put all remaining ingredients except the vegetables in a small bowl or even coffee cup. Add enough water (start with a 2-3 tablespoons) to stir. If using Skippy, Jiff or similar major brand peanut butter, reduce the sugar. Likewise, if you’re using sweet chili sauce, reduce the sugar. If using hoisin sauce, reduce the soy accordingly.
- 3Using a fork or whisk, stir until you get a nice peanut sauce consistency. I like mine thick enough to stick to the noodles. Add more water if you need. Stop, taste, and adjust seasonings. No, you don’t need to cook this peanut sauce.
- 4If you’re really feeling lazy, you can toss your uncooked veggies (carrots, broccoli, for example) in with the noodles a few minutes before they’re done (be sure to time this right and don’t overcook). This also saves dishes. Otherwise you can steam the veggies separately.
- 5Drain the noodles and veggies. Put ’em in a bowl. Artfully pour peanut sauce over noodles and veggies. Eat. Enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.