New Fashioned Recipe
This refreshing drink was inspired by a trip to Austin, Texas. I used Central Market blood orange Italian soda, but you can use something similar like Orangina.
- 2 oz. bourbon or Canadian Whisky
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 oz. blood orange (or orange) Italian soda
- a hearty dash of bitters
- 2 Orange wheels
- Maraschino cherry
- Muddle bourbon and one orange wheel with maple syrup in a low ball glass.
- Add a hearty dash of bitters.
- Add ice and top with blood orange soda.
- Crush cherry, drop in, and garnish with remaining orange wheel.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.