was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Pantry Tacos Recipe
Used to make these when I was living in a garage and would “borrow” the stuff from my friend’s pantry that he wouldn’t miss. They’re actually quite tasty.
- veg. oil
- some corn tortillas
- 1 can Spam
- I can Van de Camp's pork and beans
- slices of American cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet. Using tongs, quickly fry the corn tortillas, folding them in half when they become pliable. Remove and pat with a paper towel to absorb excess oil
- Fry spam. Cut up into small chunks and add pork and beans. Heat through.
- Fill tortillas with spam/bean mixture. Garnish with American cheese and ketchup. Eat like it will be the last food you chow for a long while . . .
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.