was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
This is simple and impossible to screw up… unless you overcook your gnocchi into a gloppy, sodden mess. In which case, you have no business cooking at home.
- 1Heat olive oil in a big, deep pan. When it’s nice and hot, add garlic and nuts. Cook until the nuts are toasty and the garlic is starting to color a bit.
- 2In the meantime, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. The should only take about 2 minutes to cook so WATCH THEM.
- 3When garlic and nuts are toasty and delicious, knock the heat down to way, way low and toss in the greens. Let them wilt for a minute or two.
- 4The gnocchi should be done by now. Drain them, saving about 1/2 cup of water. Add the gnocchi to the pan, along with the cooking water. Season with salt and pepper. Let it all get all juicy and delicious for a minute, and remove from heat.
- 5Serve topped with cheese and if you’re feeling daring, a splash of olive oil; if you are hoping to get some booty from your dinner date, sub truffle oil.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.