was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Last ditch dinner Recipe
Well, for some reason, I always seem to have rice and eggs that haven’t quite spoiled yet on hand. Cooking the eggs over medium makes the rice sticky and gives it a nice texture. This makes a hearty, unhealthy, and totally desperate dinner.
- 1/4 cup rice
- 2 eggs
- Parmesean cheese (the Kraft powdered kind, if you're truely desperate)
- Cook rice according to manufacturers directions. Add a bit of salt and about 1/2-1 tablespoon of olive oil, to taste.
- While rice is boiling, fry eggs, over-medium, in olive oil. I like mine with a dash of salt.
- Put rice into serving bowl, sprinkle liberally with cheese, top with both eggs. Break yolks of eggs and allow to run over the rice.
- If you’re not that desperate, fry a couple strips of bacon, crumble and incorporate.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.