was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
This is my staple, end of the month, broke until payday recipe. Somehow, we always have a few cans of chickpeas and noodles laying around. If necessity breads invention then starvation breeds genius concocting. This is my best ever concoction.
- 1Boil noodles a little firmer than al dente. Drain.
- 2In saute pan, heat oil (preferably olive oil) and lower temp. Sweat the garlic and add the noodles. Add 1 1/2 tsp. of buillion and 1cup water to noodles.
- 1Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to noodles. Add frozen or fresh spinach. Cook down until spinach is done.
- 2Drain and rinse tomatoes. Add to noodles.
- 3Toss in genrous amounts of cheese and more olive oil, if needed, salt and pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.