was part of
Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge
which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Outta Luck Linguini Recipe
This is my staple, end of the month, broke until payday recipe. Somehow, we always have a few cans of chickpeas and noodles laying around. If necessity breads invention then starvation breeds genius concocting. This is my best ever concoction.
- Any type of noodle - If you have scraps of several different types, put 'em all together. One pound total.
- One 16oz can of Chickpeas
- Buillion - I always have a jar of Better Than Buillion in my fridge and highly recommend it. For this recipe I use "No Chicken Base". Best Flavor for this dish.
- If you have scraps of and Italian style hard cheese use it! I use parmesan. But have resorted to feta when that was all I had.
- Some sort of pasta-type vegetable - I usually have frozen spinach at all times and usually use that. But, have resorted to mushrooms, brocolli, cauliflower.. Again - whatever you have in your fridge that might be good.
- One can of diced tomatoes, rinsed.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil noodles a little firmer than al dente. Drain.
- In saute pan, heat oil (preferably olive oil) and lower temp. Sweat the garlic and add the noodles. Add 1 1/2 tsp. of buillion and 1cup water to noodles.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to noodles. Add frozen or fresh spinach. Cook down until spinach is done.
- Drain and rinse tomatoes. Add to noodles.
- Toss in genrous amounts of cheese and more olive oil, if needed, salt and pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.