Smokin' Cheese & Mac Bake Recipe
the most requested comfort food ever!
- 1/2 lb cheddar
- 1/2 lb smoked swiss
- 1/2 smoked gouda
- 4 oz butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk, heated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 lb wheat penne
- cook pasta for six minutes (you want it slightly undercooked). drain and rinse with cold water. set aside.
- shred and combine all cheeses. reserve one cup of cheese for the topping.
- in a large sauce pan, melt butter. add flour and mix well. cook for three minutes; making a nutty smelling rue. add milk, spices and hot sauce. heat to a low boil, stirring continuously. add cheese a little at a time; stirring constantly to ensure all cheese is melted.
- in a large bowl, combine mixture with chilled pasta and mix well.
- transfer to a greased 13×9 baking dish. top with reserved cheese.
- bake in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- let sit for 10 minutes to cool and set.
- eat until you feel sick.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.