Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Roasted Butternut Squash
This is a great recipe, super easy and kids love it.
It is also very flavorful, definitely try it.
I posted it on my blog a well, with a picture:
- 6 cups of 1-inch cubed squash (acorn or butternut)
- 6 pieces whole star anise, or 6 whole cloves 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 6 strips of orange zest and juice of the orange
- 3 sprigs of thyme or sage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pieces whole star anise, or 6 whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
1. Lay the 3 sheets of foil out on a work surface. In the center of each piece, place 2 cups of diced squash, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 stick cinnamon, 2 peels of orange zest, 3 pieces star anise or cloves, and 1sprig of thyme or sage. Season the contents of the packages with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the zested orange evenly over each package.
- 2. Carefully fold the foil to enclose the contents, making sure that no opening exists for the steam to escape. If your foil is thin, use a double layer. Place the packages on a baking sheet and into the hot oven. Roast the squash for 25-30 minutes.
- 3. Serve along with the juices that have accumulated in the package, discarding the whole spices, herbs, and orange.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.