This recipe was part of the Food Fight: Desperation Dinner Challenge which ended Mar 31, 2008 05:00 PM. See winners »
Sloppy Hoes Recipe
Sloppy Hoes are basically Sloppy Joes made with canned Albacore Tuna. They are a delicious alternative to regular tuna sandwiches and I always seen to have the ingredients handy. Best served with plain old Lays potato chips, the thin kind.
- 2 cans albacore tuna in water
- 3/4 cup favorite bbq sauce
- 2 Tbs ketchup
- 1 Tbs mustard
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp canola oil
- good kaiser roll or even sliced bread
- Lays plain potato chips
- Dice onion and saute’ in oil.
- Add all ingredients except tuna, and simmer on low for 5 min.
- Drain tuna. Add tuna to sauce. Incorporate just enough to heat.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.