This soup is named after my mom. She’s been making it for years and it’s one of my favorites.
- 1Pour 10 cups of Water into a very large pot with a lid.
- 2Add Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions and Olive Oil.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil
- 4Lower to Medium and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally
- 5While vegetables are cooking, put Spinach in a very large bowl of water in the sink and toss around to release any dirt or bad spinach. Gently lift Spinach out of water into another large bowl, dump water out, add water to the bowl in the sink and repeat depending on if Spinach looks clean enough for you.
- 6When vegetables are done, turn off the stove and use a hand held blender to puree the vegetables in the pot.
- 7Add 1 Tbsp. Salt; stir well and taste. Add more if needed.
- 8Turn the stove back on high, let the soup come to a boil, slowly add the Spinach and stir, letting it wilt down slightly in between additions.
- 9Let the soup come to a boil again and immediately turn off the stove, cover the pot and let it sit for 20-30 minutes for the flavors to develop.
- 10Soup will be good for 4 days in the refrigerator. I’ve never tried freezing it but it probably would be fine to freeze.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.