Mac 'n Chick 'n Cheese
This is a comfort food recipe I made one day when I was feeling down and really could have used some chicken noodle soup but I wanted something cheesy AND the soup. All I had was chicken ramen and leftover mac and cheese. Necessity being the mother of invention, I combined the two. The taste was incredible and really hit the spot. As I wasn’t keen on the two different noodle textures, I started just using chicken boullion instead of ramen noodles and their seasoning.
- One 16 oz. box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese product, cubed
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk, depends on how creamy you like your macaroni
- Handful kosher salt
- Two tablespoons of chicken boullion
- 1Add salt to pasta water, prepare macaroni as per directions on box until pasta is not quite yet al dente.
- 2Drain pasta, return to pot. Lower heat to medium-low.
- 3Add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- 4Add boullion and stir thoroughly.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved