This dish was inspired by Nobu Matsuhisa. I was 100% French trained until I took a chef job for Nobu Matsuhisa in Aspen. This dish combines both French technique and Japanese ingredients.
- 1Quickly rinse each mushroom until free of dirt and debris.
- 2Dry on a cloth. Cut mushrooms in quarters.
- 3Saute each variety of mushroom individually in butter. Season. Lay out to cool.
- 4Fold a piece of parchment paper in half. Cut out a 15cm diameter circle.
- 5Fill the paper with assorted mushrooms. Add sake. Fold sides to create a enclosed pocket.
- 6Place in a 400 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven. Cut the paper to expose the mushrooms. Add soy and yuzu juice. Serve on bamboo steamer with Japanese maple leaf.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.