Cajun Kilbasa Pasta Recipe
This is a simple pasta dish that came about because I had to have a quick dinner for unexpected guests. I had to use what I had on hand. I have had sausage and pasta before but I had never tried fixing it myself. I knew the guests liked cajun food so I put this together, and it was a big hit, everyone liked it.
- 2 cups (dry) bow tie pasta cooked according to package directions.
- 1 to 1 1/2 Lbs. of Kilbasa Sausage, diagonal sliced, in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium sized onions, coarsely chopped; 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped; 1 medium red bell pepper coarsely chopped; 1 tsp. salt; 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper; 1/2 tsp. Olde Westport Cajun seasoning ( if you like things really hot use 1tsp.- this stuff is very potent) And Last you need a jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside. Slice the sausage and put into a large fry pan, on med. high heat. Fry and stir sausage for about 3 minutes, then add the chopped onions and bell peppers.
- Add the seasonings, salt, pepper, and cajun spice, and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the jar of pasta sauce, and add the bow tie pasta, stir and simmer for about 10 minutes uncovered. Serve immediately with Garlic Toast and Parmasean Cheese.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.