Easy Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe
I’ve been working on developing light, flaky biscuits, using canola oil and yogurt. Today I tried this recipe. These are the best biscuits that I have ever made. Using a food processor makes it real easy. I used homemade yogurt made with whole milk. Because it uses oil, this dough is non-sticky and very easy to handle.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add dry ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse 5 or 10 times to mix dry ingredients.
- Add cooking oil in fine stream while pulsing food processor.
- Continue pulsing until mix looks like small crumbs.
- Mix milk and yogurt in measuring cup.
- Add milk/yogurt while pulsing food processor.
- Pulse until dough balls up and holds together. Add a few more tablespoons of milk, if needed.
- Place dough on cutting board and knead 2 or 3 times until dough holds together.
- Using hands, press dough out to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with 2-inch cutter. Reform dough scraps and cut out more biscuits until dough is gone.
- Arrange biscuits on baking sheet so they are touching each other.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 18-21 minutes or until tops are slightly browned.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.