I’ve been working on developing light, flaky biscuits, using canola oil and yogurt. Today I tried this recipe. These are the best biscuits that I have ever made. Using a food processor makes it real easy. I used homemade yogurt made with whole milk. Because it uses oil, this dough is non-sticky and very easy to handle.
- 1Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2Add dry ingredients to a food processor.
- 3Pulse 5 or 10 times to mix dry ingredients.
- 4Add cooking oil in fine stream while pulsing food processor.
- 5Continue pulsing until mix looks like small crumbs.
- 6Mix milk and yogurt in measuring cup.
- 7Add milk/yogurt while pulsing food processor.
- 8Pulse until dough balls up and holds together. Add a few more tablespoons of milk, if needed.
- 9Place dough on cutting board and knead 2 or 3 times until dough holds together.
- 10Using hands, press dough out to 1/2-inch thick.
- 11Cut out biscuits with 2-inch cutter. Reform dough scraps and cut out more biscuits until dough is gone.
- 12Arrange biscuits on baking sheet so they are touching each other.
- 13Brush tops with melted butter.
- 14Bake 18-21 minutes or until tops are slightly browned.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.