was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Basic Mac 'n Cheese Recipe
- 3/4 box of elbow macaroni cooked al dente
- cup or so of milk
- stick of butter
- 3/4 lb sliced American cheese from the deli
- panko crumbs
- a couple of hits of Crystal Hot Sauce
- heat milk and butter slowly
- Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Add a couple of dashes of the Crystal.
- Pour over cooked macaroni in a baking dish
- Melt a bit more butter and stir in the panko crumbs. Mix should be pretty dry. Spread on top of the mac ’n cheese and bake at 350 until panko browns and cheese bubbles around the edge.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.