Great Southwestern Mac N Cheese Recipe
I developed this recipe to compete in the February 2008 contest!
- 16 ounces dry pasta in your favorite shape
- 16 ounces velveeta
- 10 ounces salsa or a can of RO*TEL diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (your favorite flavor)
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain pasta as soon as it is done and leave it in the colander.
- Cut the Velveeta into approximately 1/2 inch cubes. Place the Velveeta cubes into the warm drained pan you cooked the pasta in and bring the temperature to medium. Stir as cheese melts.
- Once the cheese is melted, add the salsa or Ro*Tel & Tabasco sauce. Stir until incorporated and heated through.
- Add drained pasta. Stir to evenly coat the pasta and make sure that it’s evenly heated. Serve immediately.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved