was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
This is a macaroni dish my family has been making for years. It is my favorite comfort food. Also, if you like a little bit of kick to your dishes, you can add a pinch of red pepper to the breadcrumb mixture at the end…
- 1In a large stock pot, cook macaroni noodles until al dente. Set aside. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large saute pan, melt 4 TBSP butter over medium-low heat.
- 3Add flour and mix until creamy.
- 4Next, add milk and softened cream cheese chunks. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- 5Once cream cheese is melted, add Country Dijon Mustard and stir into mixture.
- 6Add 2 cups cheese. Stir until melted.
- 7Add, cooked macaroni noodles.
- 8Mix until covered with cheese mixture.
- 9Pour into a greased 9×13 oven proof baking dish.
- 10In a micorwavable dish, melt the additional 4 TBSP butter and add breadcrumbs. Combine until butter is absorbed. Add more melted butter if necessary.
- 11Top macaroni mixture with remaining 2 cups cheese and crumble breadcrumb mixture on top.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.