was part of
Food Fight: Macaroni and Cheese Challenge
which ended Feb 29, 2008 04:00 PM.
See winners »
Beyond Belief Comfort Mac and Cheese Recipe
I inherited this from a close friend. It has perhaps dubious ingredients (Velveeta), but is so good that I feel I am giving the world a gift by sharing it. Even if you vote for a different one for purity’s sake, make it and keep it for a personal/family guilty pleasure! It is a perfect combination of crispy top, creamy cheesy inside, and a small bite!
- 1 lb. Macaroni
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 4 oz. regular Velveeta
- 4 oz. Mexican Velveeta
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- Cook macaroni a put in a 2 quart casserole greased with butter
- Mix in 4 oz each of shredded cheddar, pepper jack, and both Velveetas cut in 1/2 inch cubes.
- Pour milk over macaroni and cheese.
- Dot with butter and remaining cheese (cut into 1/2 inch cubes).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour—until crusty and crispy on top.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.